WATTLESEED GLUTEN FREE MEN
Here’s a healthy, nutrient dense, gluten free version of the little Christmas treats we all love. Christmas is few weeks away so we better get started, introducing, Wattleseed-Men! High in protein and free from refined sugar so you don’t have to worry about the waist-line this holiday season. A great way to get the kids in the kitchen and delicious dipped in your coffee (or egg nog)! A little decorating tip – add Australian Superfood Powders to your topping mixture for a bit of colour.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Combine almond meal, baking powder, dates, wattleseed and spices in a food processor and whiz until ingredients are crumbed.
- Add oil, maple syrup, vanilla and egg white and process again until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of grease proof paper, then cover with a second sheet of grease proof paper. Flatten slightly using a rolling pin (until approximately 3mm thick), then refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the dough to become firm.
- When ready, cut into shapes using a gingerbread cutter then place cookies onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden then remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine your topping ingredients in a bowl. Using a piping bag made of baking paper, you can now decorate your Wattleseed-Men however you like – smiley, grumpy, silly, spotty, dressed up, dressed down… go nuts!
- 2 3/4 cups almond meal
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 4-6 pitted dates
- 1 tsp Ground Wattleseed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tbs macadamia oil
- 2 ½ tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 egg white
1/4 cup cacao butter
1 tbs coconut oil
3 tbs maple syrup
Article Source: Australian Superfood Co.
Photo Source: Australian Superfood Co.
Original Article: https://bit.ly/3CVmc59
AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD WATTLESEED POWDER available for check out here ➡️ https://bit.ly/3CVlk0n