VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE QUINOA RIBERRY PANCAKES
Pancakes have got to be our favourite Sunday morning breakfast. During the week it’s all brekky bowls and smoothies, but come the weekend we like to indulge with these light and fluffy guys. We’ve added some Riberry, which is an excellent vegan source of calcium and has a subtle, clove like flavour which pairs perfectly with a nice helping of maple syrup drizzled on top!
- 30 mins before you are about to start cooking, soak the Riberry in a bowl of water to rehydrate and let them continue to soak while you prepare everything else.
- Preheat a burner on medium heat.
- Whisk together the flax and water and set aside so it forms a gel. This gel is great for digestion!
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder and salt.
- Beat together the flax eggs, milk, oil and syrup then pour into the dry and mix until a smooth batter forms. Fold in the blueberries and Riberry.
- Lightly grease a frying pan with coconut oil. Scoop a ¼ cup of batter onto the pan and repeat until you have filled your pan. Cook the pancakes until small bubbles begin to form around the edges, about 2 – 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 1 – 2 minutes longer until the other sides are golden brown. Repeat until no batter remains.
- Serve warm with fresh berries (or fruit of choice) and pure maple syrup.
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 6 tbsp water)
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 3 tbsp almond oil (or other light flavored oil)
- 1 bsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup Air Dried Riberry
Article Source: Australian Superfood Co.
Photo Source: Australian Superfood Co.
Original Article: https://bit.ly/3EjzIQI