THAI COCONUT CURRY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
We’re on a bit of a soup binge lately with the cooler evenings moving in. Plus soups are super easy to digest making them a great meal for lunch or a light dinner, which won’t leave you feeling sluggish. We like making up a big pot and freezing it so we have a quick meal on the go. We’ve added our Freeze Dried Finger Lime Powder for that citrusy zip to balance out all of the flavours.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add in the garlic and onion, and sauté until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add in the ginger, curry paste and finger lime powder and stir to combine with the onion and garlic. Cook for 3 more minutes, stirring often. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Add in the raw butternut squash cubes and slowly pour in the broth, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 20 minutes, or until butternut squash is tender. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender in batches and blend until smooth. Pour the blended soup back into the soup pot over medium heat and warm through, stirring occasionally. Add two cups chicken if you desire (we wanted to add some protein to ours!). Tofu would also work nicely. Add cooked rice.
- Before serving, remove from heat and mix in the coconut milk (saving a few tablespoons to garnish), lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour into bowls and drizzle the remaining coconut milk on top. Swirl the coconut milk with your spoon or a toothpick. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and chopped peanuts.
- 4 cups butternut squash – peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/3 cup Cilantro
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1/3 cup Peanuts, unsalted dry roasted
- 1 cup of yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups Chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can Coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp Freeze Dried Finger Lime Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (optional)
- 1 cup cooked rice (or quiona)
Article Source: Australian Superfood Co.
Photo Source: Australian Superfood Co.
Original Article: https://bit.ly/3GymbXt
AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD FINGER LIME NATIVE FRUIT POWDER available for check out here ➡️ https://bit.ly/3GsZUu9
We have multiple healthy choices of AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD PRODUCTS at Drink International ➡️ https://bit.ly/34pnnK0