STEWED FRUIT & QUINOA SALAD WITH MAPLE FINGER LIME DRESSING
This salad packs a protein punch from the quinoa and lots of micro-nutrients and fiber from the fruits. The addition of Freeze Dried Finger Lime Powder in the dressing is a great way to introduce the health benefits of Australian Superfoods into your diet. Finger Lime is bursting with zesty flavour and is rich in folate, potassium and Vitamin E. You can use any combination of fruits you fancy but we’ve chose to make use of some of the fruits that are available year round in Australia.
- Using a strainer, rinse the quinoa under cold water. Add quinoa, water, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
- For the stewed fruit, cut the rhubarb and apple into 3cm pieces. Place into a saucepan with honey, water, lemon juice and vanilla. Leave simmering for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take off heat and let cool in the fridge.
- For the Honey Finger Lime Dressing, in a medium bowl, whisk lime juice, Freeze Dried Finger Lime Powder, honey and mint together until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, pomegranate, pistachios, half the oranges, stewed rhubarb and apples. Drizzle the honey finger lime dressing over the fruit salad and stir until all fruits are coated. Garnish with additional mint and remaining oranges. Best served at room temperature or chilled.
You can use any combination of fruit that is in season, such as mangoes, rock melon and nectarines in summer.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups chopped oranges
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- extra chopped mint, for garnish-optional
Honey Finger Lime Dressing:
- juice of half a lime
- 2 tbs Freeze Dried Finger Lime Dressing
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 bunch rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp Freeze Dried Davidson Plum Powder
Article Source: Australian Superfood Co.
Photo Source: Australian Superfood Co.
Original Article: https://bit.ly/3DG3oaH
AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD FINGER LIME NATIVE FRUIT POWDER available for check out here ➡️ https://bit.ly/3DDq2QK
AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD DAVIDSON PLUM NATIVE FRUIT POWDER available for check out here ➡️ https://bit.ly/3iV858k